Sunday, May 14, 2017

Coke bunker / coal service #1

I deviated from my plan to finish the Benzol Plant this weekend, and started in on the coke bunker / coal service facility. I didn't want to do it.  Really.  But it was nice to take a break from the tedious railings and piping on the Benzol plant.  I constructed a new bunker at the end that used to be for ash/cinder loading.  I used one of the four bunkers left over from the other two coke batteries. I'm going to superdetail this, just like the rest of the works.  So getting to this stage allows me to start planning. Next I'm going to install exterior bracing on the verticle conveyor for the coal, and cut in the opening for the conveyor that will run to the transfer house.  I've already got most of the walkways and railings and stairs planned out.  I'm not going to use any of them from the IHC kit. They are all pretty bulky, and aren't very well planned out for the area I have to put this in.

No comments:

Post a Comment