Saturday, June 24, 2017

Pyridine Plant #2

I spent the evening figuring out the building walls.  The wall where all the pipes and tanks will go is finished, with exception of minor sanding.  And I have the wall facing the rectifying columns and other pipes fabricated.  Also, I used this wall to layout the wall opposite, before gluing it together.  As seen in the photo below, the walls are just standing there.  Nothing is glued yet.  The windows will end up equidistant, vertically, between the pipe supports.  And I'll likely use these as reference for where the external walkways are for the pipe structure.

I'm not sure if I will, but I plan on building a stair tower just to the right of the little gauge house.  I've not built one before, but I have a good video on their construction.  I just need to watch it a few times and get it down in my head before I start making it.  Also, I'll be adding a stoop and door just below the window on the right.  I also found a great roof in my scrap box that I plan on using.  Is a tin panel type roof, with some great gutters that are molded in. I plan on getting the building built first, sans roof, and then build the pipe/tank assembly.  I think this is the best way to do this, as then the building can just lay on it's side while I'm building the pipe/tank section. Rather than try to assemble the building while having to handle the bulky pipe/tank section. I should be able to work on this a bit more tomorrow night, and hopefully get all the wall sections done and glued in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment